I N G R E D I E N T S
- 4 Danny's Pitas
- 8 x 1cm thick slices seeded, peeled pumpkin
- 16 x 2cm thick sticks of peeled carrot
- 16 green beans
- Olive oil for brushing
- Salt and pepper
- 700g skinned, boned, firm, white fish suitable for frying cut into 8 slices
- Flour for dusting
- Olive oil for frying
- 1½ cups finely sliced lettuce leaves
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 4 tablespoons light sour cream
- 4 tablespoons chilli sauce
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
C O O K I N G S T E P S
- Brush the vegetables well with olive oil and put them on a flat baking tray in one layer.
- Season well with salt and pepper. Roast until tender and browned.
- Remove from the oven and drain on paper towels.
- Dust the fish in the flour and fry in hot oil until golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Warm the Danny's Pita bread in the oven and cut in half. Stuff the halves with the lettuce, fish, spring onions and roasted vegetables and top with sour cream and chilli sauce.
For best results: Moisten Danny's pita bread with water. Then either microwave for 20 seconds on high or heat in the oven at 180°C or toaster for 2 minutes.